One of the preseason tasks for the 12WBT is to get out all the excuses you have used in the past to hold you back from achieving the things you have wanted to achieve. This being by third round, I need to admit that this is the first time I have done this task the way it was intended (go figure lol). So, in no particular order (just as they occurred to me), my excuses are:
- I don’t deserve to take care of my body
- I’ve worked hard, I deserve a treat
- I don’t want to do this
- I can’t be bothered
- I’m too tired
- I’m too busy
- I’m not worth it
- I’m scared
- I can’t!
- I don’t want it badly enough
- I don’t deserve to be cared for and about
- I always fail
- I can’t do this
- I don’t want to take responsibility
- I can’t take responsibility
- I’ve never had to take responsibility
- I can’t be motivated
- I think too much
- I hurt too much (after training)
- I need sugar
- I want to eat this unhealthy snack
- I haven’t eaten breakfast and am hungry
- I never have time for breakfast
- I haven’t had enough sleep
- I don’t have time
- I’m too disorganised
- There’s no-one around to help me
A lot of these have been around with me for a very long time! Particularly the ones about taking responsibility and “needing” sugar! The truth is, every single one of these is a crock of shit!
I don’t have time for breakfast because I go to bed too late to get enough sleep! I do not NEED sugar. If I gave my body enough time without it, I just simply wouldn’t crave it the way I do. I don’t NEED people to help me, I CAN do it for myself! I am disorganised because I sit on my butt watching TV or on FB and don’t DO what I need to do! I DO deserve this, and I AM worth it!
I have the ABILITY to RESPOND in any way I choose. So, beginning NOW, I choose to respond DIFFERENTLY!!
I CAN and WILL do this!